Friday, September 16, 2011

MACY ART GALLERY - Columbia University



Dear Friends,

I would like to report that on Thursday, September 8th, 2011 there was an opening of a group show at the Macy Art Gallery - Columbia University. I was one of the six artists invited to exhibit .
To those of you who came to my opening I want to thank you all for making my opening a memorable event and those of you who couldn't make it, here are few pictures of the show.

Eva Deutsch Costabel



Entrance to the Macy Gallery


Joan Jeffri, Founder and Director
ART CART: SAVING THE LAGACY
Research Centre for Arts and Culture


Joan Jeffri - my mentor and friend, thank you Joan


Vistors to the gallery opening


Josh Haskell, filmmaker and journalist


Fellow artist Christina Cambell


My adorable assistants, architect Sasha Gavric and civil engineer Marina Bajic


This young man told me he loves my work


Lovely Christina Weller, assistant of professor Jeffri


Fellow artist Diana Kurz


Pat, Eva and Sasha


My adopted lovely family Levin


4 year old, budding artist, I just love it!


Campus of Columbia University

ARTIST'S STATEMENT:

"I get my ideas by walking on the streets of NYC and observing people and the environment. My topics relate to my experiences in the Holocaust and my life in NYC for the past 61 years. I am also keenly interested in the biblical history of Israel where I feel I have my spiritual roots. Most of my work, at its core, is derived from my emotions and my experiences." - Eva Deutsch Costabel



No comments: